AKiTiO Thunder Dock
AKiTiO Thunder Dock
The Thunderbolt™ dock links past, present and future technology to your computer with just one Thunderbolt™ cable. The Thunder Dock allows you to access your data on both legacy and future storage drives by providing multiple host ports for USB 3.0, eSATA and FireWire 800. It also has two Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining additional Thunderbolt devices and storage.
- Two Thunderbolt™ ports for lightning fast speeds up to 10Gb/s
- Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt™ devices
- Two eSATA host ports (up to 6Gb/s)
- One 7 watt bus-powered FireWire 800 host port
- Two bus-powered USB 3.0 host ports (supports UASP)
- Durable and rugged aluminum casing
Linking past, present and future technology
USB 3.0 supporting UASP
The two USB 3.0 ports both support UASP (USB attached SCSI protocol) for increased performance over USB 3.0 but the same ports can of course also be used to connect the older USB 2.0 storage drives. Note: The maximum transfer rate for each USB port is about 370MB/s.
FireWire with bus-power (7W)
Long a favorite of Mac users but now replaced by Thunderbolt™ and USB 3.0, the FireWire interface can still be used through the AKiTiO Thunder Dock. Simply hook up your legacy FireWire drives (bus-powered and self-powered) to the dock and you can access all your existing data without having to buy new hard drive enclosures.
eSATA storage (6Gbps)
Not as common as the other interfaces but PC users will be happy to know that there are also two eSATA ports available to hook up external eSATA drives.
High-Speed I/O Performance
Thunderbolt™ is a revolutionary connection technology that simultaneously supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. Thunderbolt™ I/O technology gives you two channels on the same connector with 10 Gbps of throughput in both directions. That makes Thunderbolt™ extremely fast and flexible. In comparison, it is up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0 and up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800.
One Thunderbolt™ cable to connect them all. Simply connect the dock to your computer with just one cable and get instant access to all the additional storage drives that are hooked up to the dock. The lighting fast Thunderbolt™ interface guarantees that you can achieve the best possible data transfer rates.
Thunderbolt™ Daisy Chain
Storage & Display
The second Thunderbolt™ port allows you to connect up to 5 additional Thunderbolt™ devices (storage or display) in a daisy chain.
Independent eSATA controllers
Two independent eSATA controllers guarantee that the performance doesn't drop, when a second eSATA storage device is connected at the same time. Note: The maximum transfer rate for each eSATA port is about 370MB/s.
USB charger (2.1A)
Recharge mobile phones & tablets
The USB ports can be used to recharge your electronic devices (e.g. iPad or iPhone) over USB on Mac OS X 10.9.2 or above. Providing up to 2.1A, the AKiTiO Thunder Dock can even recharge your larger devices such as the iPad. It also provides power for the Apple Keyboard and the Apple SuperDrive for computers that do not have a built-in SuperDrive.
|Model No.||AKiTiO Thunder Dock|
|System requirements (PC)||Not supported|
|System requirements (Mac)|
- Setup guide
- High resolution images
- Frequently asked questions
- Mac OS X driver to enable support for USB charger
- Driver for Microsoft Windows
- Boot Camp compatibility list for Thunderbolt products
- This product is not supported on Boot Camp
- This product is not supported on Windows but works with limited functionality (e.g. no hot plug)
- This product does not support FirmTek's SeriTek/5PM eSATA hard drive enclosure
- External drives that are connected to the docking station do NOT spin down unless the power to the drive(s) is turned off
Like It? Please Share It!