Custom icons for AKiTiO storage drives:
How to change a drive icon on Mac OS X
- Turn on the external drive and connect it to your computer.
- Download the icon for the corresponding drive from above and store the ZIP file on your computer.
- Unzip the file and store the image found inside it (*.icns) on the desktop.
- Click on the drive on your desktop to select it and then choose Get Info from the file menu or click Command + I.
- Make sure that you have permissions to access and edit the drive. Usually, there is no need to change anything but if you have read only access, it's not possible to change the drive icon.
- Drag the *.icns image from your desktop to the little drive icon in the top left corner of the Info window. When you see a green plus sign, drop it to change the icon.
- Done! You can now delete the *.icns image from your desktop.
- To restore the default drive icon, go back to Get Info. Select the little drive icon in the top left corner of the Info window and then select Cut from the edit menu.