AKiTiO Node - Finally an affordable eGPU box
The Thunderbolt™ 3 eGXF box is a low cost expansion chassis designed to house an external graphics card. Connected to the computer via Thunderbolt 3, the additional GPU power instantly upgrades a regular laptop or a mini PC and makes it possible to do things that would normally require a high-end workstation or gaming computer. For video editors and colorists, the dedicated GPU reduces the time it takes to render the footage, a computer that was not powerful enough for a VR headset is now potentially VR ready and for those that like to play games, these can now run at much higher frame rates than before.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 for lightning fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps
- 1 PCIe (x16) slot supporting full-length, full-height, double-width cards
- Spacious enclosure for use with standard and large sized graphics cards
- Built-in 400W SFX power supply to provide extra power to GPU
- PCIe x16 slot supplying up to 75W of power
- 4 lane PCI Express 3.0 compliant interface
- Removable back panel for double-width cards
- Carry handle to easily transport the device
4 Lane PCI Express 3.0 Compliant Interface
Supports standard and large sized PCIe Gen3 x4 cards
The PCIe (x16) slot accepts full-length, full-height, double-width cards with enough space available inside the enclosure for both standard and large sized graphics cards. The four PCIe Gen3 lanes and the Thunderbolt 3 interface are capable of transfer rates up to 40Gbps, providing enough bandwidth even for the most demanding PCIe cards.
Extra power for graphics cards
400W SFX PSU
The built-in power supply provides enough power for the AKiTiO Node (~10W) as well as for graphics cards. If the standard 75W through the PCIe slot is insufficient, two extra pairs of 8-pin (6+2 pin) power connectors are available inside the AKiTiO Node that can be connected to the GPU, providing a total of about 390W.
The power of external GPUs
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. In combination with the AKiTiO Node, this makes it possible to instantly upgrade your regular laptop or Mini-PC and achieve a performance that usually requires high-end workstations or specialized gaming computers.
Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Your PC may need updates for the Thunderbolt 3 ports to function properly.
For more information go to https://thunderbolttechnology.net/updates.
- The computer must support external GPUs.
- This product is not supported on macOS.
- This product is not supported on Boot Camp.
- Not all Thunderbolt 3 computers support external GPUs. If in doubt, please contact the manufacturer of your computer.
- The device has to be connected directly to the computer and it does not support a daisy chain [see FAQ].
- This device provides 15W over Thunderbolt but only for laptops that accept a charge from a 5V/3A power source [see FAQ].