The Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form is used to authorize the return of defective goods for repair and/or replacement during the approved warranty period. Before you submit your RMA application, be sure that you have contacted a member of our technical support team to confirm that your product is actually defective. You must email the technical support department to receive an RMA ID number which will be required to submit the RMA application.
- Go to our Help Desk to create a ticket. For the department, select RMA Request, fill out the form and explain the problem you are experiencing in as much detail as possible. If you already have an open ticket with tech support, you do not need to submit a new ticket.
- Our staff will work with you to solve the problem but if a return of the product is required, we will advise you to submit an RMA application.
- When advised by our staff, submit the RMA application form. A copy of the original proof of purchase must be sent together with this form to obtain warranty service. Upload the scan as an attachment. If you have more than one document, please create a ZIP archive and upload the ZIP file instead.
- After receiving the RMA application, our staff will contact you with further details on how to return the product (this may take up to 2 business days).
- Upon receiving confirmation from us, return the product (in the original packaging if possible), and make sure to visibly write the RMA Number (ticket number of your RMA request) on the outside of the package. The RMA Number is only valid for 30 days from the date it is issued. Packages which arrive at our service location without an RMA Number will require additional handling as well as additional time for repair or replacement and may be discarded.
- When returning storage products, please backup your data and remove any storage media that you have personally installed. If you purchased your product with a pre-installed drive, please do NOT attempt to remove it as this will VOID your warranty. AKiTiO is not responsible for any loss of data or storage media.
- Products with physical damage will void the warranty. AKiTiO is not responsible for any shipping damage. If products arrive damaged, we will contact you to find out how you would like us to deal with the product. If necessary, we will provide you with a digital image of the packaging or damage to assist you in making your decision. If we do not receive any response from you within 30 business days, we will send you a last notice. If there is still no further response within 5 business days the defective product will be discarded.
- Customer is responsible for paying the shipping to our service location. Any shipment sent as COD or billed to our recipient will be returned to the sender or discarded at our discretion.
- AKiTiO will ship the repaired unit back via FedEX or UPS ground. Customer can pay extra for overnight shipping. Please contact our customer service department for rates.
- The completion of the RMA process may take up to 30 business days from the time the product is received by our RMA Department.