Taurus Super-S3 LCM
When it comes to raw power there is nothing that beats the dual-bay Taurus. This multi-bay hard drive enclosure is built strong and rugged, offering more than enough capacity to store all your digital media files. Not only that, but the Taurus can also back up and secure all of your data thanks to RAID protection. Great performance, great protection and great looks - only in the Taurus.
- Configurable hardware RAID controller (RAID 1 mirroring and RAID 0 striping)
- LCD display for easy device configuration and access to detailed information about the drives
- Critical parameters such as the HDD temperature can be monitored easily with help of the LCD display
- Utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD
- Versatile interface, including eSATA, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and USB 3.0
- Hardware acceleration of RAID rebuild
- 2TB volume option for systems that do not support large volumes
- Perforated aluminum casing and extra large fan for excellent heat dissipation
The Taurus Super-S3 LCM comes equipped with an LCD display for easy device configuration, event messages and access to detailed information about the external hard drives. Critical parameters such as HDD temperature can be monitored easily with the help of the LCD display. It utilizes Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology also known as S.M.A.R.T. to obtain data directly from the HDD. Altogether, it can display 7 different details about the system plus 4 more per HDD and allows the user to modify up to 5 different settings, making this a highly configurable hard drive enclosure.
The Taurus comes with an extremely versatile interface, featuring eSATA, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and USB 3.0 SuperSpeed. To increase performance and data throughput, "RAID 0 - Striping" offers the ideal choice for your daily backup and other data transfers. For important data and reliability, you can't beat the "RAID 1 - Mirroring" function, which will automatically create a copy of all the data in case one of the drives fails.