AKiTiO Thunder2 PCIe Expansion Box
The portable Thunderbolt™ 2 PCIe expansion box provides an additional PCIe slot for systems that do not support or have enough available space for expansion cards. The external Thunderbolt 2 connection allows you to daisy-chain up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices, making this the ideal plug and play companion especially when you have to take your system with you. Replacing the card is a simple matter of removing three hand tightening screws, so no tools are required.
- Two Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for lightning fast speeds of up to 20Gb/s
- 1 PCIe (x16) slot supporting half-length, full-height, double-width cards
- 4 lane PCI Express 2.0 compliant interface at 5.0Gbps
- Removable back panel for double-width cards
- Daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt™ devices
- Durable and rugged aluminum casing
- No tools required for installation
4K Workflow with Thunderbolt 2 Technology
Thunderbolt 2 technology incorporates DisplayPort 1.2 support, which allows for video streaming to a single 4K video monitor. If you are a video editor, you can now use a single port to connect your external Thunderbolt devices and a 4K display.
4 Lane PCI Express 2.0 Compliant Interface
The PCIe (x16) slot accepts half-length, full-height, double-width cards and provides a maximum of 25W. Replacing the card can be done without tools, simply by removing two hand tightening screws for the chassis and one for the card.
Provides Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports for Daisy-Chain
The second Thunderbolt 2 port lets you daisy-chain up to five Thunderbolt devices together. For example, you can attach additional external drives and even a display, all connected to the computer through a single cable.