- The firmware has to be updated when the device is connected via USB.
- The firmware utility is only available for computers running Microsoft Windows.
- This firmware is only for AKiTiO products and specifically the model(s) as mentioned above. DO NOT use this firmware for any other devices!
- Never turn off or disconnect your unit during the firmware update procedure. This may damage your device! If the upgrade fails (e.g. power failure during firmware update), you may not be able to operate your device anymore.
How to update the firmware
- Download the firmware utility, save it on your local disk and unzip the file.
- Connect the external drive to your computer via USB.
- Wait until the device has been recognized by the system and then double-click the *.exe file to start the update.
- Wait for the update process to finish and then click OK to complete the update.
- Restart your external device.
- If your device is already up to date, the firmware utility will display the following message.
- After pressing OK, a message will inform you that no update is required.