- The PC updater can be used on Windows 7 and above.
- Never turn off your unit during the firmware update procedure. This may damage your device! If the upgrade fails (e.g. power failure during firmware update), it may brick your device.
- This firmware is only for the AKiTiO products mentioned above. DO NOT use this firmware for any other devices!
- Download and unzip the PC updater (Thunderbolt) on your computer.
- Connect the device to your computer via Thunderbolt 3 interface.
- Once the drive has been recognized by your system, double click on the *.exe file to start the firmware update.
- Follow the instructions of the firmware updater and then click Next to cotinnue.
- Select your device from the list of available devices and click Next to continue.
- Compare the current firmware version with the version on file. If it's already up to date, cancel to abort. Otherwise, click Start Update Firmware to update the firmware now.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
- When the update is finished, click OK to continue.
- Close the program.
- Safely eject the device and then disconnect both the Thunderbolt cable and the power adapter to turn off the device. Wait for a few seconds and then re-connect the Thunderbolt cable and the power adapter.
How to check the current firmware version
To check the current firmware version of your device and see if an update is required or confirm the update has been successfull, start the PC updater and go to Confirmation. The current version for both NVM and PD will be displayed there. If outdated, start the firmware update but otherwise, cancel to abort and then close the program.